I am a huge HUUUGE Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan. I was (teenage) raised on Buffy, watched every single season (own them still), plus Angel (even though I am TEAM SPIKE), and am currently reading the ongoing comic book series (up next is season 12! First issue to be release June 20th according to my research–Wut wut!).
Anywhooo, I just want to make sure that everybody understand that when I say that I am excited about Slayer by Kiersten White you know I am LEGIT excited.
When I first heard the news Kiersten White was writing Buffy I was a bit iffy. Will she do it justice, is it canon, will it intersect in any way with the comic?
I do not quite know yet all the answers to these questions, BUT I did get a chance to read the Entertainment Weekly excerpt (which I almost never do because excerpts are such a tease) and it has made me feel 100% better about this whole endeavor as a die hard Buffy fan.
From the excerpt I got:
- It is set around season 9 of Buffy. Because that is when we deal with the “end of magic” and the main character kept referring to Buffy’s fuck up, and “how are watcher’s supposed to deal without magic?”
- Kiersten White likes to write about twins.
- The main character is totally adorable, and I already love her a little.
- Wanda WYNDHAM-PRICE… am I to believe this is WESLEY’s Mother?! We shall see…
- I need the book right NAO. Only an apocalypse can keep me away!
CLICK HERE FOR THE EXCERPT!