Well its the end of Armchair BEA. Is it weird that I also feel the same kind of sadness as when I leave physical BEA? I mean, don’t get me wrong – damn are my knees happier that I didn’t spend all that time kneeling, sitting, standing and carrying loads of books. Also let’s just say I didn’t miss waking up at 5:30am and not falling into bed until 11pm.
How was my first Armchair BEA that I participated in? Swell! I made some new friends, saw new blogs, won some books and got to talk about the books/series I really enjoy. Hey and I introduced a bunch of you to new books (and games! and graphic novels!) that’s a boon in my book for sure!
I did miss the adrenaline rush of 9am when the floor opens and you try to simultaneously walk at a fast clip, dodge those who don’t listen to the rules and spot all the pretty new books and swag put out. Or scoring an ARC that I really wanted to hold in my hands. Seeing the authors and trading stories (though thanks to the #BEA16 hashtag I was able to follow some of the very fun shenanigans that happened).
As a brief recap this was my week!
- Day 1: #ArmchairBEA: My Introduction – or, hey this is me look at how cool I am
- Day 1: #ArmchairBEA: Diversity in Publishing – or, look we can all do better
- Day 2: #ArmchairBEA: Book Aesthetics – or, pretties are pretty
- Day 2: #ArmchairBEA: Blog Aesthetics – or, the differences in my old blog & new
- Day 3: #ArmchairBEA: Beyond the Book – or, my obsessions really are diverse
- Day 4: #ArmchairBEA: Surviving Fictional Worlds + Giveaway!, or Portal my fantasy
What was your favorite day? Remember my Giveaway is open until Monday May 16th so there’s time to enter!
2 thoughts on “#ArmchairBEA: That’s a Wrap!”
This event was so fun! I’m so glad that you joined in and I hope to see you again next year!
So glad you joined. I hope you will come back next year!